For the Faithful is a subscription based service that allows subscribers to “discover hand-selected items that celebrate your Christian lifestyle”. Pricing is as follows:
$19.99 + $6 shipping for one month
$14.99 + $6 shipping per month for 3 months
$13.99 + $6 shipping per month for 6 months
I liked last month’s For the Faithful box. I’m hoping this one nails it, too!
Each box arrives with a card detailing all the included items. The first look makes me think this is going to be a great month! This month’s theme is all about friendship and keeping in touch with your friends and family.
(1) Black Pen in Case, case is 6.5″ x 2.5″, $19.99 – I like this pen. It writes black and the cap has the word “trust” inscribed on it. Inside the case it says, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in HIm. Rom. 15:13”. I’m not sure if I will keep it for myself or give to someone as a holiday gift.
(1) Christian Art Gifts Instant Messages for Fabulous Friends, 3″ x 5″ book, $2.09 – This little booklet of coupons can be personalized by writing on them. Here’s an example of one of the pages:
This page says, “You are my BFF ‘coz God made you _____, ______, _______, ______, and _____.” Pretty cute! I’m not sure I’ve seen religious friendship coupons before! I have a couple of colleagues that are very religious and these will be a perfect pick me up when they’re having bad days. Another page says, “The top 3 reasons y u r GR8: 1._________ 2._________ 3._________ Friends are a gift from God above. And through your life I’ve seen His love.” There are 25 in the book, all different, and I love them all!
(1) Live Laugh Love Notebook, 7.5″ x 5″, $3.50 – The pages in this notebook all say the same thing. They say, “The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all His creation. Ps. 145:9”. I was thinking about using a notebook that I recently received in Conscious Box for my nightstand notebook, but I think I like this one even more! The front and back cover are plastic, making the book not easily damaged, which is a huge plus for me! I take tons of notes on subscription boxes and I really like having a notebook right in my nightstand for easy access. Plus, I’m a big list maker!
(1) LaeDee Bugg Pencil Case, 8.5″ x 4″, $2.50 – This is a perfect addition to a box that arrived right before school starts. The case says, “Friends are a gift from God”. It’s made of plastic/vinyl. I think it’s a little young for girls to want to use for school, but one of them will definitely use it in their room to organize their homework supplies. I was also pleasantly pleased to see that it was filled with goodies.
(1) LaeDee Bugg Set of 4 Erasers, 1.25″ diameter each, $1 total – These four erasers are pretty cute. These will be good for school or even will be good for getting homework done.
(5) Friendship Cards, 3.5″ x 2.5″, $1.25 total – These cards are meant to be gift tags, I think. The reverse side has a place where you can fill out “to” and “from”. I think they will also be cute to add to the girls’ lunch boxes as a pick me up at school. Examples of what are written on them are: “The Lord will take care of you.” and “You are truly a blessing.”
(2) Care for Creation Pens, $1?? – I couldn’t find these pens online, so I’m guessing on the price. One says, “Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10” and the other says, “rejoice”. They both write black and are cute pens.
Overall Impressions: My calculated value this month comes to around $31, which is a good deal since I paid about $20 with my multi-month subscription. I think this is my last For the Faithful box in my subscription and I think I’m going to take a little break. Although my mother and I are religious, my husband and father are not. I had a hard time in the spring when the June box included religious items for fathers (in honor of father’s day). I really had no one to give those items to and they’re actually still sitting in the box. I was a little perturbed that they assumed the subscriber would have a father to give them to. Unfortunately, the fathers in my life wouldn’t be receptive to any of the items and I feel like I had a wasted month in my subscription. Although I’m taking a break, I might return to For the Faithful, if the spirit moves me. 😉