GlossyBox is a subscription based service that delivers 5 luxury beauty products each month. Pricing is as follows, all include free shipping to the US:
$21 for one month
$60 for three months
$115 for six months
$220 for twelve months
I purchased another GlossyBox subscription from a deal website and have decided to review this box, as well, since it’s a little different than my first one.
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST CONTAINS REFERRAL LINKS. SEE “HOW WE REVIEW…” FOR MORE DETAILS.
Looks exactly the same so far…
Now, I can see that there are a couple of different items! I actually think that’s kind of fun!! I’m anxious to see, though, if the value varies…
(1) Marsk Mineral Eyeshadows in You’re Toast, .04 oz, $22.50 – This is a gorgeous warm, shimmery light brown. It actually reminds me of a caramel color or toast! I guess that’s where the name comes from! I’ve used Marsk Mineral Eyeshadows before and the colors have really good pigmentation. I have no doubt that this is the same. The tip on the card suggests dipping “your brush in water first for a bold, matte finish”. I might just have to try that! I love the Marsk brand because it’s talc, paraben, fragrance, and GM free. It’s also not tested on animals. My kind of brand!
So beautiful and sparkly!!
(1) Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy, .9 oz, $8 – I like the Crabtree & Evelyn brand. This lotion is nice and has a very subtle scent, if at all. It absorbs relatively quickly and is formulated without mineral oil, parabens, propylene glycol or sodium laurel sulfate. But, since I can compare it to the “I love…” lotion in my first GlossyBox, I would have to pick the very scented “I love…” lotion. My hands just aren’t as soft and moisturized as they were with the other one either. Overall, I like it, but I can’t help but compare the two and this would come in second place.
(1) Luxie Large Angled Brush, 7″ long, $16 – I really like this brush and I can always use more for the girls for competition. It’s made of cruelty free, synthetic bristles and is recommended for highlighting and contouring. It’s super soft, too!
(1) Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Chihuahua, .16 fl oz, $21 – Too Faced products are awesome and this one looks great, but it’s really not my color at all. And speaking of colors, I think the name “Chihuahua” is a very strange name for a mauve colored lipstick. Here’s a swatch from the Too Faced website since I’m not sampling this one:
It gets pretty positive reviews online. Most pluses are the application and pigment, while the negatives are length of drying time and transfer.
(1) Eyeko That’s Where I Draw the Line Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black, .04 oz, $17.50 – I recently received the fat Eyeko liner in my last Birchbox and I have been using it every day since I received it. Love it! But…this one is just as awesome!
Here’s my morning makeup from the other day. I love the skinny line I was able to achieve with the Eye Do and this is Maybelline Falsies mascara. 🙂
Overall Impressions: It was actually kinda fun to receive two GlossyBoxes this month and compare them. 3 of the 5 items were identical, but 2 were different. The other box’s value came to $85 and this box’s value comes to…$85 also!! I love knowing that they have the exact same value and that someone else isn’t getting a much better box than me since they don’t send every subscriber the exact same box. No box envy here! (Keep in mind that my prices are always the lowest online selling price that I can find the day I write my review.) I think I’ll only be receiving one GlossyBox next month, but this was a fun experiment and I’m glad I had the opportunity to compare the boxes. Plus, I love my GlossyBox since I only paid $21 for it. Well done, GlossyBox! 🙂