The Rachel Zoe Box of Style is a subscription based service that delivers “fashion, beauty and lifestyle items you’ll be obsess[ed] with”, curated by Rachel Zoe, on a quarterly basis to subscribers. Pricing is as follows, including free shipping:
$100 for one box
$350 for four boxes, one box per quarter
Just like last season, this box arrived with no real recognizable return address. What a pleasant surprise when I got the box open to see it was my Spring Box of Style!! YAY!
The heavy duty black box arrived inside a regular cardboard box. This time the box was a little different, though. It flips open instead of the lid coming off…kinda cool!
And here are all the individually wrapped goodies! Gifts to little ‘ole me!! Each box also arrives with a multi-page booklet detailing all the included products, complete with retail prices.
(1) Lstn Sound Co. Wembley Bamboo Earbuds, $100 – I can always use a new set of earbuds with two young ladies in my house! Katrina actually just participated in a coding club at her school and the kids all had to bring their own earbuds and she stole a pair of mine to participate. Now I can use these! They are really cute and would actually be good for both males and females. They have a microphone and volume control built in. Also, “every purchase helps someone hear for the first time”. That’s pretty cool!
(1) La Mer The Concentrate, .17 fl oz, $41 – This teeny product came in a little pouch labeled the “Box of Style The Zoe Report Spotlight Product”. Just from looking at the box and actually looking at the bottle, I can’t tell what it’s to be used for and I’m not familiar with it either. I know that “la mer” means “the sea”, but that’s about it. Now that I’ve researched it, this little product is meant to “soothe visible irritation and redness caused by cosmetic procedures such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser treatments, it is infused with a dose of highly concentrated Miracle Broth™, the heart of La Mer’s profound powers of transformation. Irritation appears soothed and dry, fragile skin made strong for a radiant renewal.” It’s an incredibly small sample, but one look at the price and I can see why! I love how it goes on extra smooth and it made my skin feel very matte. I bet I’ll need a couple of uses before I can tell how successful it is for me. It also isn’t listed in the booklet, making me think it’s an extra special box addition.
(1) Shaffer Los Angeles x Box of Style Leather Bucket Bag, 6″ x 3″ x 7″, $150 – This little bag is fabulous!! The carmel leather is so soft and smooth, like butter!! It’s listed as the “hero item” and it sure is!! The only confusion with this bag is the tag that says, “The diver, our signature logo, is embossed on each bag as a reminder that the best things in life don’t come from waiting around, but diving right in.” I love this point of view and I searched high and low for the embossed diver on the bag and couldn’t find it. Maybe I’m missing it somewhere??? No matter, I love the bag and can’t wait to find the right time to use it!
(1) Jules Smith Pave Bar and Stone Cuff, $45- This bracelet is quite beautiful! It reminds me a bit of the Kitsch ring that Little Lace Box sent out nearly a year ago! It’s very delicate and it seems awfully small, though. Most of the women in my family have teeny, tiny wrists…this will make the perfect gift for one of them. As much as I would love to keep it for myself, I know a couple of people that would appreciate it more than me.
(1) Jouer Creme Eyeshadow Crayon in Rococo, .07 oz, $24 – Jouer is a great brand to include in this box! The crayon goes on nice and smooth and has a great amount of pigment. I was lucky enough to receive this gold color and I adore it! My girls need brown eyeshadow for their competitions, but maybe this coming weekend I will add in a touch of the gold. I really appreciate that it’s paraben free also! I will use it for more than a swatch tomorrow for work and will update with a photo in the morning.
Early morning eyes with the Rococo eyeshadow. Definitely has sparkle!!
(1) Hollywood Fashion Secrets Oil Blotting Tissues, 100 sheets, $4.47 – I’ve been using oil blotting sheets since I was in high school since I have the oiliest skin in the world. I like using them, but I don’t love using them. These work great, but are not the most practical item for me. I’ll actually use the butt tape, I mean double sided body tape, more often than I’ll use these. Maybe I’ll put them in the competition bag for the girls to use before going on stage.
(1) Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk in Gentle Formula, 3.2 oz, $20 – I know I might be in the minority, but I love dry shampoos. Besides have incredibly oily skin, I have incredibly oily hair. I have to shampoo every single day, but every once in a while I can get away without a shampoo if I use dry shampoo. Only certain brands help me get away without looking oily and, luckily, Klorane is one of the brands that works really well for me. I find that it doesn’t leave much of a residue as long as I spray the recommended 10″ away. I’m thrilled to have this full size can!!
Overall Impressions: Rachel Zoe’s Box of Style has just moved up on my list of favorite boxes! I love nearly everything in this box and that’s not even taking the value of the entire box into consideration!! My calculated value this season is approximately $384!! That’s a huge win, considering I paid only $100 for this box! What a steal!! I know I only just opened this box today, but I’m already anxious for the Summer 2016 box! Bring it on Rachel Zoe!! 🙂