Walmart Beauty Box is a subscription based service that delivers beauty items to subscribers on a quarterly basis. From the Walmart Beauty Box website: “Each new season brings different product needs and a reason to refresh your beauty cabinet. In your Walmart Beauty Box, you’ll find sample beauty products and tips on how to use those and other items sold at Walmart and on Walmart.com.” Pricing is as follows, includes free shipping:
$5 per quarter/season
What a beautiful Spring box!!
Walmart Beauty Boxes don’t come with cards detailing all the items, but usually there are promo cards and coupons at the bottom of the box. Not sure if they’re there this time, but this box sure is jam packed!
(1) Colgate Optic White Platinum Express White Toothpaste in Fresh Mint, 1.45 oz, $1.91 – I know there are a lot of people out there that don’t like fluoride toothpaste. I, however, don’t mind mainstream toothpaste. This toothpaste promises to whiten teeth in only 3 days! It uses hydrogen peroxide as the whitening ingredients. I’ve only used it once so far and I don’t see much of a difference, but maybe after 3 days I will. It is SUPER minty and has only a medium amount of grittiness compared to other whitening toothpastes that I’ve used.
(1) Banana Boat Sun Comfort Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30, 1 fl oz, $1.67 – I received the same sample a few days ago in a different box. I can’t seem to find this exact one on the Banana Boat website, but I found it for sale at a few online stores. No matter, I sampled it and I love it! It’s relatively thin and isn’t greasy at all. It absorbed really quickly and made my skin feel great, almost like a moisturizer and not a sunscreen! This is going to be my favorite summer find!!
(1) Jergen’s Wet Skin Moisturizer, 2 fl oz, $1.30 – I was excited to see this because I’ve been meaning to try a wet skin lotion. This one has parabens so it’s not the right one for me. It does have a pleasant scent, though, and it gets really good reviews online.
(1) Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Restorative Night Cream, .5 oz, $4.74 – The directions on this one say, “Smooth cream over face and neck each night and wake up to softer, younger and healthier looking skin.” That sounds wonderful! I used it the other day and I’m not sure there was a huge difference than what I normally look like in the morning. I do, however, like that it is nearly scentless and it absorbed into my skin really quickly. Plus, no parabens is always a plus for me.
(1) Vera Wang Embrace Rose Buds and Vanilla Eau de Toilette Spray, .04 fl oz, $1.13 – This perfume is described as “A floral oriental fragrance blending the rich floraley of Rose Buds and creamy Vanilla with elegant notes of Mandarin Oil and Sweet Magnolia.” It’s not as strong as I thought it would be! I really like it! I don’t normally wear perfume, but all last week and this week so far I have been every day…I might just be changing my tune and this might be a great one to be continuing my perfume kick with!
(1) Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Almond Nude, .08 oz, $4.92 – When I first saw this, I have to admit, I wasn’t sure whether it was a lipstick, a blush stick, or something else new for me to learn about it. Since then, I have learned that it is a lipstick that guarantees softer lips in 3 days. It’s made with mango extract and shea butter to really smooth and soothe lips that need a little extra attention. It’s a nice, neutral color, but not something that I need so I’m not going to open it up. It was be passed on.
This is the photo from the Neutrogena website.
(1) Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 1 fl oz, $.62 – This cleanser is meant for all skin types and is non-comedogenic. It’s super gentle and works well. I used to use Cetaphil every once in a while, but they still use parabens, so they’re on my list of of no-nos. 🙁
(1) Roc Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Chest, Neck, & Face Cream, .17 fl oz, $2.62 – I’ve never used a Roc product before. This one has SPF 30 in it. Just like the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer below, this product is literally meant to just be a sunscreen. I’m sure there’s also ingredients that make it a moisturizer, but the label really talks of its sunscreen properties. It absorbed quickly and I like it overall.
(1) Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Daily Moisturizer, .5 fl oz, $5.02 – Just as I said above, the label really talks of this as being just a sunscreen and no real mention about thow its a moisturizer, too. As a parent, if I wanted to purchase a moisturizer for my tween child, I probably wouldn’t purchase this one because of this. I would purchase one that talks about its moisturizing properties with an added bonus of it being a sunscreen. It does absorb well, though.
These promo cards all came with a teeny tiny sample. They’re so small that I’m not going to try to put a value on them, but the samples are for: Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Correct & Cover, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup, Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Micro-Sculpting Cream Moisturizer, Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream Moisturizer, and (in the previous photo) L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Skin Smoother Finishing Cream.
Overall Impressions: My calculated value of this Walmart Beauty Box comes to around $24. That’s great since I purchased this box for only $5. And I didn’t count the foil packets…not that they’re worth much, but they should add a teeny bit of value to the overall value of the box. Most of the samples are things that I would use and the ones that I won’t use, can definitely be passed on or donated. This box was also SO full compared to the last box I received. The Spring Walmart Beauty Box definitely didn’t disappoint! What did you get in your Walmart Beauty Box??