Messy Box is a subscription based service from A Beautiful Mess that delivers “awesome products you can use to document your life in style.” I like to think of this subscription as a scrapbooking subscription, sending you stickers, papers, etc, but there’s so much more than just that! Pricing is as follows, all include free shipping:
$24.99 for one month
$21.99 per month for three months
$19.99 per month for twelve months
I have been eyeing this subscription for a very, very, very long time. I am SO glad I am finally receiving a box! (And I love the hugs and kisses on their packing tape!)
I’ll be honest…the box seemed a little empty when I first opened it. It also didn’t come with any paperwork or anything except for what was printed on the inside of the box. But, I see some real cute prints!
(3) One Sided Printed Papers, 9″ x 12″ each – One print says “oui” all over it, one is blue with white polka dots, and the third has a very French looking outfit on a pink background. They’re not cardstock, but they’re nice quality paper overall.
(2) Sheets of Phrase Stickers, 4″ x 6″ each – I adore things like this! Anytime I’m at Michael’s or the art supply store near me, I always gravitate towards things like this. My kids love when they’re working on projects and I pull these out for them. I always win the “Cool Mom” award with these kinds of stickers!
(1) Sheet of Letters & Numbers, 4″ x 6″ – These little lowercase letters and numbers are cute. I’m sure something will come up soon for my girls to use them on.
(1) Roller Stamp – This roller stamp says things like “Coffee Break”, “Date Night”, and “Weekend To Do List”. I’m not sure I have a million things to use this on, but it’s still an adorable inclusion.
(8) Double Sided Cardstock Prints, 3″ x 4″ each – Who doesn’t need a printed photo of a pug wearing a beret? I love that these cards are dual sided.
(12) Double Sided Cardstock Prints, 3″ x 3″ each – These smaller cards are also double sided and they stick to the color scheme and design as the rest of the box.
(4) Double Sided Cardstock Prints, 4″ x 6″ each – These cards seem to be about postcard size and I almost feel like I want to use some of them as postcards! That’s how cute they are!!
(1) Epoxy “Weekend” Sticker, 3″ long – This little “weekend” sticker is so cute. It’s the perfect scrapbooking addition.
(9) Single Sided Cardstock Prints, 1.75″ x 1.75″ each – I’m not sure why this set of little prints/cards are single sided, but they’re still pretty cute. I don’t think I would find a use for all of them if I was scrapbooking with them, but I’ll have fun trying!!
(1) Sheet of Vellum Stickers, 3″ x 4″ – I adore those little mini circle stickers, too. They’re made of vellum and my girls will also love when I pull these out for whatever project they’re working on next. Love ’em!!
Customer Service Interactions: I subscribed to Happy Mail for over a year and I absolutely adored my subscription, like waited-with-bated-breath-for-my-delivery-each-month adored. During that year, I never had to contact customer service. Messy Box offered their first month free recently and I had to partake. I couldn’t figure out how to apply the coupon correctly and managed to subscribe without the coupon applying. I immediately contacted customer service, within a minute of placing the order. When I explained my predicament, the response that I received said something similar to “…as a one time exception…” It was stated quite harshly and left a bad taste in my mouth. I had plans on keeping the subscription for a bit, but the more I think about it, the more I know I don’t want to subscribe to them anymore.
Overall Impressions: When I started looking through the products that came, I immediately knew the theme was France. I absolutely adore how they were, very clearly, able to carry the theme throughout the entire box. Not only is the subject matter on the pieces compatible, but the colors also coordinate. Besides being an artist and an art teacher, I am also a scrapbooker and this “kit” would surely make some pages much easier to put together. I also truly love A Beautiful Mess’ artistic style. There was a time when I received an email announcing some graphic design openings in their company and I even took the time to look at their website to see if I lived close enough to apply…that’s how much I like their style!! (Sadly, I do not live close enough.) As far as value is concerned, there were 42 total items, meaning that each piece cost somewhere around $.50 each. Since some of these items are teeny tiny single sided cardstock or even medium sized double sided cardstock, I don’t really think that each of these items really is worth that much. Are the items cute? Absolutely! Would I subscribe to this long term? Probably not. I still think that Happy Mail is the best deal out there for getting your money’s worth. As for Messy Box, I don’t think it’s the right sub for me. Do you subscribe to Messy Box? What do you think about the value?